1. Optic Neuritis Study Group. The clinical profile of acute optic neuritis: experience of the Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial. Arch Ophthalmol 1991;109:1673-1678.
2. Beck RW, Cleary PA, Anderson MA, et al. A randomized, controlled trial of corticosteroids in the treatment of acute optic neuritis. N Engl J Med 1992;326:581-588.
3. Beck RW, Cleary PA, Trobe JD, et al. The effect of corticosteroids for acute optic neuritis on the subsequent development of multiple sclerosis. N Engl J Med 1993;329:1764-1769.
4. Beck RW, Trobe JD. The Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial: putting the results in perspective. J Neuro-ophthalmology 1995;15:3:131-135.
5. Five year risk of multiple sclerosis after optic neuritis: experience of the ONTT Neuritis Study Group. Neurology 1997;49:1404-1413.
6. Jacobs LD, Beck RW, Simon JH, Kinkel RP, et al. Intramuscular Interferon ß-1A Therapy Initiated During a First Demyelinating Event in Multiple Sclerosis. The CHAMPS Study Group. N Engl J Med 2000;343:3:898-904.
7. Beck RW, Trobe JD, Moke PS, et al. High and Low Risk Profiles for the Development of MS within 10 years after Optic neuritis. Arch Ophthalmol 2003; 121:944-949.
Information from the National Library of Medicine
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years to 46 Years (Adult) Sexes Eligible for Study: All Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No Criteria The major eligibility criteria for enrollment into the ONTT included the following: